Even if you’re reading this article on Friday night, there are loads of ways you can connect with someone within 24 hours just in time for the weekend, so listen up and check out these easy dating tips!
For any savvy single guy or girl, there’s no reason to sit at home this weekend wollering in self-pity – desperate and dateless! Single people all too often find themselves caught up in a rut and thus narrowing down their dating options to meeting single people at bars or online dating sites. But wait! There’s more, much more, there are dozens of locations outside the usual online dating and bar scene where you can surround yourself among other folk just like you who are starved of companionship.
In fact, according to a report from the Macarthur University of Bendigo, there are more single men and women today than those in relationships…What more motivation could you possibly need? The first step is to leave the house armed with some of these no-brainer dating tips!
1. Go grocery shopping on the EXACT same time and day every week. You’ll end up seeing the same people and thus can make it that much easier to strike up a conversation with familiar people – it’s called planting a seed!
2. Coffee! Like groceries, everyone needs good coffee. And without sounding like I’m repeating myself – go there for coffee on the EXACT same time each day for your coffee hit and familiarize yourself with the regulars – soon you’ll be hitting on much more than just coffee.
3. Do you own a cute puppy? ‘No’ Well go get one, girls are suckers for a cute pup! So get walking regularly and get to know the people in the street. Your puppy can often be a great ice breaker!
4. Become a saleable item, start smiling (not stalking) and look interested at what people are doing. Treat dating as if it’s just a game and not a test of your self-worth.
5. Look for opportunities and never turn down an invitation, no matter what the situation, new experiences can be a gold mine for opening new doors to new possibilities. Becoming involved in group get-togethers or activities is a very non-threatening environment and far less intimidating than a one on one scenario – that part can come next.
6. Throw a combined party with a bunch of your friends or co-hosts – the more the merrier especially if there’s single people who can bring their single friends.
7. Put the word out with your closest friends and make it known you would like to be set up for a bit of blind dating or an arranged get-together.
8. Is there a pretty girl or cute guy you see on a regular basis? Get to know their routine and coincidentally bump into them.
9. Just go for it and put yourself out there – it’s the 21st century, dating and courting is the norm these days – so stop procrastinating!
A rejection does not mean the end, it’s one step closer to dating more people. Once you decide to go for it and ask him or her out, make it about something specific like ‘I have got a spare ticket to the festival this weekend, would you like to join me’? Instead of just ‘would you like to go out with me’ That’s a much more appealing approach and will yield far better dividends.